Dylan is a trial lawyer whose practice emphasizes representing people injured as the result of medical malpractice or construction, motor vehicle, and other accidents. A Hudson Valley native, he also uses his past experience as a prosecutor to defend individuals charged with crimes and traffic violations.
Dylan earned an undergraduate degree from Susquehanna University and a master’s degree in Journalism and Public Affairs from American University. He graduated from George Mason University School of Law, magna cum laude, in 2005. His work was published in the George Mason Civil Rights Law Journal.
After earning his law degree, Dylan was privileged to serve as a law clerk to the late Honorable David T. Stitt of the Fairfax County Circuit Court, the largest trial court in Virginia. He subsequently served as a prosecutor in that jurisdiction and conducted jury trials in matters ranging from tax fraud to violent felonies including rape, robbery, and others. Dylan returned to New York State in 2010 and served as an Assistant District Attorney in Ulster County. In that position, he conducted jury trials involving charges arising from shootings, stabbings, burglaries, and other violent crimes.
Dylan transitioned to private practice in 2012, and emphasized the defense of physicians, hospitals, and other medical professionals for nearly eight years. He has litigated medical malpractice and wrongful death claims at every stage from inception through trial, including jury trials in cases involving stroke, post-operative infection, psychiatric treatment, and other areas of medicine. He has tried cases in local counties including Ulster, Dutchess, Columbia, and Sullivan, as well as more distant venues including Westchester County and Broome County.
Dylan is a member of the Ulster County Bar Association and past coordinator for Ulster County in the New York State mock trial tournament for high school students.
- Virginia (inactive), 2006
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York 2016
- Vermont, 2020
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
J.D., magna cum laude, December 2005
- American University, Washington, D.C.
M.A., Journalism & Public Affairs, 2000
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Ulster County Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- O’Connor First, Attorney, 2015 – 2020 (January)
- Law Offices of Steinberg, Symer, & Platt, Attorney, 2012 – 2015
- Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2010 – 2012
- Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office (VA), Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, 2007 – 2010
- Fairfax County Circuit Court (VA), Law Clerk, 2006 – 2007