Dylan is dedicated to giving medical malpractice victims a voice in the Hudson Valley. A native of Northern Dutchess County, he began gaining trial experience by prosecuting significant felony cases in Northern Virginia and then Ulster County, New York. He has conducted high-profile prosecutions in matters involving gang shootings, home invasion burglaries, robberies, and other serious crimes.
After several years of felony trials, Dylan transitioned to private practice in 2012 and immediately began emphasizing the defense of physicians, hospitals, and other medical professionals. He has litigated medical malpractice and wrongful death claims at every stage from inception through trial, including conducting jury trials in cases involving stroke, decubitus ulcers, post-operative infection, falls, psychiatric treatment, and other areas of medicine. Dylan has handled cases involving multi-million dollar exposure, including serving as trial counsel, for two of the largest medical malpractice insurers in New York State. The Hudson Valley courts in which he has tried cases to verdict include Ulster, Dutchess, Columbia, and Sullivan counties.
Dylan has also litigated dozens of cases involving nursing home negligence in venues from the Bronx to the Capital District. He is intimately familiar with pressure ulcers, falls, infections, and other issues commonly giving rise to suits against nursing homes.
Dylan previously served as a partner at O’Connor First in Albany. He was recognized among Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars for Personal Injury-Medical Malpractice defense in 2016. At O’Connor & Partners, Dylan applies the skills and experience he acquired as a defense attorney to helping victims of medical malpractice and nursing home negligence.
Dylan serves as president of the Ulster County Bar Association. He is a member of the Dutchess County and Albany County Bar Associations.
Verdicts & Settlements:
(Parties Remain Confidential)
- $300,000.00 Hudson Valley man obtained a settlement for a motor vehicle collision
- $295,000.00 Motor Vehicle Accident Settlement
- $250,000.00 Motor Vehicle Accident settlement
- $225,000.00 Ulster County, NY family agreed to a dog bite settlement
- $225,000.00 Arbitration award for injuries sustained in a bicycle accident
- $200,000.00 Ulster County, NY woman obtained a settlement for an auto injury
- Virginia (inactive), 2006
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York 2016
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
J.D., magna cum laude, December 2005
- American University, Washington, D.C.
M.A., Journalism & Public Affairs, 2000
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Ulster County Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- O’Connor First, Attorney, 2015 – 2020 (January)
- Law Offices of Steinberg, Symer, & Platt, Attorney, 2012 – 2015
- Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2010 – 2012
- Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office (VA), Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, 2007 – 2010
- Fairfax County Circuit Court (VA), Law Clerk, 2006 – 2007