Thomas C. Yatto is an experienced and skilled litigator whose area of practice focuses primarily on personal injury matters. He has represented numerous clients throughout the Hudson Valley and Upstate New York, as well as New Jersey and Connecticut, who were negligently injured due to car crashes, trucking accidents, construction accidents, workplace accidents, and defective products.
Thomas obtained his Juris Doctorate from the Albany Law School. He previously earned his undergraduate degree from Manhattan College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Thomas is an extremely knowledgeable attorney who has distinguished himself by servicing his clients with commitment, preparation, and a high level of ethical standards. He has an extensive record of success, taking particular satisfaction out of obtaining very favorable results on difficult matters other attorneys may decline to prosecute.
Thomas is admitted to practice law in all New York State courts, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of New York. He is a member of The New York State Bar Association and The New York State Trial Lawyers Association. Thomas has been honored and presented with numerous awards, including recognition by Super Lawyers, a Distinguished Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 10 Best Attorneys NY –Exceptional/Outstanding Client Service, Top Attorneys in the Hudson Valley Area, and Top 100 High Stakes Litigators -Upstate NY.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- Manhattan College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- Albany Law School of Union College, J.D.
- 5.492M Settlement- 67 yr old Fairfield County man rendered a paraplegic after a rear end car collision.
- 3.8M Jury Award (modified by trial court to 6.9M)- 35 yr old Ulster County man injured in a construction accident fall rendering him blind, deaf in one ear, two cervical fractures and a fracture femur, requiring multiple surgical procedures.
- 3.75M Settlement- 17 yr old Westchester woman who sustained second and third degree burns covering her right upper extremity as well as pelvic fracture, requiring surgery.
- 3.46M Arbitration Award- to the family of a 43 yr old Orange County woman who died of asphyxiation, secondary to minor orthopedic injuries sustained when a garbage truck fell upon her vehicle.
- 1.993M Settlement- family of a 38 yr old Newburgh, NY man who died as a result of head injuries sustained when the decedent was struck by a tractor trailer, when attending to his own disabled vehicle on the side of the road. As a result of multiple injuries, the decedent died four days after the accident.
- 2M Settlement- 23 yr old Ulster County woman as a result of orthopedic injuries resulting in paraplegia when she was 6 yrs old. The office reconstructed the facts and events concerning the automobile accident which had occurred 15 years before so as to establish liability against a motor vehicle manufacturer resulting in the settlement.
- 1.02M Arbitration Award- 44 yr old Dutchess County woman who while operating a motor vehicle was struck in the rear resulting in an ankle fracture, soft tissue injury to the knee, as well as residual neck and back pain.
- 2M Settlement before Trial- 25 yr old Orange County woman settled a medical malpractice claim. Her injuries sustained secondary to the infiltration of a vein on injection of medication resulting in partial amputation of four fingers.
- 681K Verdict- 35 yr old Livingston County woman for injuries sustained during the course of her employment, while operating a press machine which caused amputation of the middle finger on her dominant hand. A product liability claim against the manufacturer of the machine was successfully made.
- 500K Verdict- 2 ½ yr old Orange County boy was awarded monies by an Orange County jury for second and third degree burns sustained on his legs and groin when he was negligently immersed in a hot bath. Burns to the legs necessitated skin grafting procedures.
- 1M Settlement- 38 yr old Orange County man as a result of a work related motor vehicle accident in which he was caused to sustain multiple injuries necessitating low back, shoulder and knee surgeries.
- 1.425M Settlement- 29 yr old Bronx woman reached with the City of New York for multiple injuries sustained when a New York City Police officer collided with a vehicle in which she was a passenger. Client sustained a fractured jaw and later developed traumatically induced epilepsy which was established to have resulted secondary to the facial trauma.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association