Accidents happen, but when they occur on a construction site, the consequences can be severe. If you are a Hudson Valley construction worker who has been injured on the job, know that you have rights, and you don’t have to navigate this challenging situation alone.
Understanding Your Rights as an Injured Construction Worker:
- Workers’ Compensation: In New York State, most construction workers are covered under workers’ compensation, which provides medical benefits and partial wage replacement after a work-related injury. However, it’s crucial to understand the specifics of your coverage and navigate the claims process effectively.
- Third-Party Liability: In some cases, your injury may have been caused by a third party’s negligence, such as a faulty product, equipment malfunction, or another subcontractor’s error. In these situations, you may be entitled to additional compensation beyond workers’ compensation.
- New York Labor Law: New York Labor Law offers specific protections for construction workers, including laws concerning scaffolding safety, falling objects, and proper access to job sites. Understanding these laws and how they apply to your situation is vital.
Why Choose O’Connor & Partners, PLLC for Your Construction Injury Case:
- Experience: Our experienced construction accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in securing maximum compensation for injured workers in the Hudson Valley and beyond.
- Personalized Attention: We understand that every case is unique, and we provide personalized attention to our clients throughout the legal process.
- No Fees Unless We Win: We take your case on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t pay any legal fees unless we secure compensation for you.
What to Do After a Construction Injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health is the top priority. Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries and document all doctor visits and recommendations.
- Report the Accident: Report the accident to your supervisor and file the necessary paperwork with your employer.
- Contact a Construction Accident Lawyer: As soon as possible, contact a qualified construction accident lawyer to discuss your options and rights.
Don’t wait to get the help you deserve. Contact O’Connor & Partners, PLLC today for a free consultation.
Disclaimer: This information is for general knowledge only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with an attorney for specific legal guidance related to your individual situation.